As part of our continuing effort to support innovation and to help build a strong and vibrant startup ecosystem in Vietnam, Kambria and TomoChainhosted “Fueling the Innovation Economy: Startup Pitch and Blockchain Networking” on November 15 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Our team received an overwhelming number of applications in a very short amount of time. And the quality of the projects was extremely high, which we were excited to see. In the end, seven tech startups representing various industries were selected to pitch their business idea in front of top global VCs, with a potential opportunity to receive funding for their ideas.
Judges and guests of the event included some of the most successful investors and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and Vietnam.
Each presenter had 5 minutes to pitch and 10 minutes to hear feedback and answer questions from the judges.
Please meet our competitors:
1. Gene Friend Way is an early-stage startup, headquartered in San Francisco, USA that develops genetic tests for Asian populations, targeting the underserved Southeast Asia market.
2. VIROBO developed Robot Caption Eye, an innovative product that helps parents observe their children from a distance and remind them about their study schedule in the most natural way.
3. Triip.me is a sustainable travel tech company licensed by Singapore Tourism Board with the vision of pioneering forward-looking business models advancing the vision of an industry-wide transformation: sustainable travel for the world.
4. Joolux.com is a peer-to-peer, community-driven e-commerce platform for sharing authentic “pre-loved” luxury products in the Southeast Asian market. Joolux applies AI technology to authenticate products and is going to develop a social verification tool based on Blockchain technology to verify the authenticity of the luxury products.
5. GaraSTEM develops and produces quality and affordable robotic kits with creative STEM syllabus for a majority of people.
6. NousLogic provides end-to-end wireless IoT/Big Data services for real-time tracking, tagging, monitoring and control applications in the smart home/home health industry, as well as commercial/industrial/medical markets for businesses and consumers.
7. Umbala Network aims to create a performance-focus & highly-scalable blockchain to connect billions of camera devices all over the world and to accelerate decentralized camera-based applications.
The choice was tough. But after much deliberation…
The judges chose the top three projects!
First Place: Gene Friend (right)
Second Place: Triip.me (left)
Third Place: GaraSTEM (middle)
Congratulations to winners and to all of our participants! Our judges and audience members were very impressed with the level of innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills that the startups brought to the event. And all the startups greatly appreciated the insight and feedback our judges shared from their experience working with and investing in numerous startups in Silicon Valley and Vietnam.
One of our judges, Phu Styles, a Venture Partner at Velorum Capital, a Silicon Valley venture capital firm, was delighted to see so much innovation and growth in Vietnam. Another judge, Lim HongZhuang, CEO at XSQ, said, “It was a pleasure and an honor to be invited with such stellar guests. Singapore and Vietnam are close trade partners and we will support in our capacity.”
Want to experience the entire event for yourself? Check out our livestream recordings in 2 parts and photo album.
To further support our winners, Kambria will write an overview of each of the top three startups to share with our community and provide written feedback to all participants from the judges.
Of course, all startups enjoyed the opportunity to network with our judges, audience members, and other startup founders at the event. Kambria is committed to supporting the development of a strong and vibrant startup ecosystem in Vietnam so please stay tuned for more!
The Kambria Team
Telegram (ENG): https://t.me/kambriaofficial
Telegram (KOR): https://t.me/KambriaKorea
Telegram (VIE): https://t.me/KambriaVietnam
Telegram (CHN): https://t.me/KambriaChina
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/KambriaNetwork
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kambria/
Medium (ENG): https://medium.com/kambria-network
Medium (CHN): https://Medium.com/kambriachina
Weibo (CHN): https://www.weibo.com/kambriachina
KAT is sold to be used on the Kambria platform.