KAMBRIA - Step into a new era of democratized technology co-ownership and accelerated innovation. Together, we wield the power to shape the future technological landscape through Kambria DAOs' dynamic and accelerating innovations. This article invites you to explore the Kambria DAO model, underpinned by the pillars of good governance, social responsibility, and equitable revenue sharing. (Last updated: Sep 19, 2023)
As you may already know, Kambria's mission from the very beginning is to democratize and decentralize the ownership, development, and commercialization of technologies, as a way to solve the waste & inefficiencies in today’s innovation model.
Blockchain applications like NFT help us with the first step to representing technology IPs in the digital world. And now, we are taking the next step by adopting DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) as a way for the community to co-own a technology. In this announcement, let us share with you an overview of the Kambria DAO model and a plan to pilot the first DAOs.
Kambria DAOs model - How it works
1. Solution Proposal
A developer team (Dev Partner) submits their proposal to Kambria with a solution of technology they can develop and open for the community to co-own. For example, OhmniLabs with a solution of robot for pet care, robot for agriculture, or robot for extreme environments…
Or the Challenge can be set by Kambria and the community. For example, a group or anyone generates ideas and community upvotes. Once a challenge is selected, Kambria will invite Dev Teams to submit proposals to develop solutions, and experts to join Judge Committee to evaluate proposals.
2. Solution DAO
After a proposal is chosen, Kambria opens a DAO for the proposed solution. The community collectively buys into the solution by participating in the DAO. Once the DAO secures the fund for the first product cycle, Dev Partner can start to develop the solution.
The development progress will be managed monthly. At the end of each month, the Dev Team submits the release and presents their report. Their work will be reviewed and approved by a Judge Committee of DAO representatives and Guest experts. Then the development fund will be distributed to the Dev Team accordingly.
The DAO as collective owners of the solution will:
- Decide and contribute to the commercialization of the solution. For example, the DAO votes to manufacture the robots, run a service of robotics pet care, to license the solution IP… Then DAO members will collaborate on the service implementation.
- Get paid for their contribution to solution commercialization. For example, service revenues will be distributed to members implementing the service and fund contributors.
2c. DAO partnerships
As DAO is a decentralized organization, all work in Kambria DAOs are done through partnerships, such as:
- Kambria as Organizer is in charge of operations to architect the DAO model, develop smart contracts, enroll partners, organize DAO activities, raise funds etc.
- Dev Partner to develop tech solution
- Judge Committee to evaluate tech solution
- Production Partners to manufacture robots at local
- Channel Partners to distribute robots at local
- Service Partners to implement robotics service at local
2d. Financial framework
With reference to the cost structure of tech companies especially robotics companies, we define the DAO financial framework as below:
1. The investment or expense budget will be used for:
- 65% for R&D and Production by Dev Partner, Judge Committee and Production Partners
- 20% for Sales and Marketing by Channel Partner, Service Partner and Community Partners
- 15% for Operations by Organizer Kambria
2. Revenues from solution sales, services and licensing will be allocated:
- 75% for expense budget
- 25% for revenue sharing to DAO fund contributors
3. Note that Kambria DAO LP tokens are Revenue Sharing Token which will bring more benefits for DAO members versus traditional profit sharing model:
- They will be rewarded instantly at the time of recording revenues. This allows stakeholders to participate in the success of the project during its growth phase, even if it's not profitable yet.
- Moreover, the revenue sharing 25% is pre-defined income stream and better than average profit margin of robotics companies which is 20%.
Launching the first 3 Kambria DAOs
We are launching the first 3 DAOs:
- Pet Care Robot DAO as a Tech Savvy Community Takes Care Of Pets
- Ocean Cleanup Robot DAO to Accelerate Towards The Circular Economy
- Mine Clearing Robot DAO as a Community Action to Heal the Earth
These DAOs are operating on the XDAO platform, which supports different blockchains. Kambria DAOs will be on ETH and BSC to follow the direction of Kambria tokens.
Welcome to take part in Kambria DAOs to co-own technologies!