KAMBRIA - Interested in social impact investing? Keep an eye on Kambria DAOs for tech co-owning. This article provides comprehensive information about their financial framework, governance model, and fundraising campaigns. (Last updated: Sep 17, 2023)
As you may already know, Kambria is an open innovation platform for Deep Tech (AI, Robotics, Blockchain, VR/AR, IoT…). Via our platform especially with Kambria DAOs, anyone can collaborate in researching, developing, and commercializing deep-tech solutions and get rewarded fairly for their contributions.
One of our initiatives is Kambria DAOs. In a nutshell, it is a way for the community to co-own technology. If you are interested in co-owning a technology, you can join the DAO of that solution to decide and contribute to its development and commercialization of it and get revenue sharing when the solution is commercialized.
Following the path to making technology open and contributing more to society, we are brought to the opportunity to contribute to these causes:
- Pet Care Robot DAO as a Tech Savvy Community Takes Care Of Pets
- Ocean Cleanup Robot DAO to Accelerate Towards The Circular Economy
- Mine Clearing Robot DAO as a Community Action to Heal the Earth
We would like to invite you to become the social impact investors of these DAOs, with detailed information as follows:
As DAO is a decentralized organization, all work in Kambria DAOs are done through partnerships, such as:
- Kambria as Organizer is in charge of operations to architect the DAO model, develop smart contracts, enroll partners, organize DAO activities, raise funds etc.
- Dev Partner to develop tech solution
- Judge Committee to evaluate tech solution
- Production Partners to manufacture robots at local
- Channel Partners to distribute robots at local
- Service Partners to implement robotics service at local
DAO financial framework
With reference to the cost structure of tech companies especially robotics companies, we define the DAO financial framework as below:
1. The investment or expense budget will be used for:
- 65% for R&D and Production by Dev Partner, Judge Committee and Production Partners
- 20% for Sales and Marketing by Channel Partner, Service Partner and Community Partners
- 15% for Operations by Organizer Kambria
2. Revenues from solution sales, services and licensing will be allocated:
- 75% for expense budget
- 25% for revenue sharing to DAO fund contributors
3. Note that Kambria DAO LP tokens are Revenue Sharing Token which will bring more benefits for DAO members versus traditional profit sharing model:
- They will be rewarded instantly at the time of recording revenues. This allows stakeholders to participate in the success of the project during its growth phase, even if it's not profitable yet.
- Moreover, the revenue sharing 25% is pre-defined income stream and better than average profit margin of robotics companies which is 20%.
Contributing funds to the DAOs by purchasing DAO LP tokens
Using XDAO as a platform for DAO creation and management:
- We will have Private offers for big investors, teams, and partners. And Public offers for the community to participate.
- The typical fund goal of each DAO is $3M for multiple product cycles.
- The number of DAO LP tokens to be issued is 10M. So LP token price is $0.3.
- Currencies to buy LP tokens are USDT or KAT with a CMC rate at the time of purchase. For example, if the KAT price is $0.03 then 1 LP = 10 KAT.
- Following common practices, withdrawals will be limited in the first year to reduce risks in the early stage, using a vesting mechanism.
- And DAO LP tokens will be listed in the 2nd year.
Among DAO members who hold LP tokens, the top fund contributors and most active members will join the DAO Council to make decisions for the DAO.
- The total of governance tokens or GT of a DAO is 1000. Whenever a new member joins the Council, GTs are minted and issued to them accordingly.
- Quorum is 70%, meaning, any vote in the DAO needs 70% of total GTs minted at that time to activate.
- 40% or 400 GTs will be allocated to big fund contributors. Every investor holding at least 5% LP tokens will join the DAO Council. The GTs they have will be synced with their current LP tokens.
- 40% or 400 GTs will be allocated to the most active LP token holders in terms of their participation in DAO businesses. So we do this by a point reward system where DAO members accumulate points each time participate in DAO activities. Top Active Members will join DAO Council for 1 year. Each member will have 4 GTs equally. This group should be diversified by locals and expertise to be the country leaders of DAO hubs, or subDAOs in later phases.
- And the last 20% or 200 GTs will be allocated to Kambria as the Organizer to orchestrate the development of the Kambria DAO model in the early stage.
DAO fundraising campaign #ALPHA
The fundraising goal for the Launching campaign is 15% of the total goal, for the 1st product cycle. Let’s aim to add $450K to the DAO fund, with the LP tokens to be issued are 1.5M, in the timeframe of 2 months.
Upon completing this goal, the selected Dev Team will start to develop the solution. And the DAO Council will be formed 6 months after when the vesting progress reaches 50%.
How to become a DAO fund contributor?
If you are interested in contributing funds to the DAO, becoming owners of the DAO technology solutions, and getting revenue sharing when the solutions are commercialized, here’s a demonstration of how to join:
1. You can buy DAO LP tokens on the Kambria platform (with the DAO created and run on XDAO).
2. And claim LP tokens proportionally in the vesting period.
3. You can also follow updates on DAO Activities.
And if you are a DAO Council member, meaning holding DAO governance tokens, you can vote for the decisions of the DAO.
These events are a great opportunity for participants to contribute funds to the DAOs and get DAO LP tokens with up to 20% discount.
Interested in joining us?
If you are interested to explore further, please:
- Visit these pages to learn more details about Kambria Pet Care Robot DAO, Ocean Cleanup Robot DAO, and Mine Clearing Robot DAO.
- Follow our social channels for the latest updates on Kambria's activities.
- And become the social impact investors of Kambria DAOs by participating in the Token Sale campaign #ALPHA for Pet Care Robot DAO, Ocean Cleanup Robot DAO, and Mine Clearing Robot DAO.
- Also don't miss out on the upcoming NFT Collection Sale events to own one-of-a-kind Animal Kingdom, Ocean Explorers, and Beautiful Earth NFTs!
- For questions and discussion, please join Kambria Discord Community or contact us via the form below.
We would be honored to have your participation in our social impact journey!